When love and skill work together, expect a masterpiece.

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Whew!

Whew! Just got back from a successful trip to Walmart--loaded the trunk full of gardening soil, seeds and shovels. I had so much dirt in my trunk, I needed my husband to come help me drop off the bags at school. It was weird to be on the playground at 8:00 at night. I was covered in dirt after 5 minutes--appropriate clothes tomorrow are ESSENTIAL! We will get dirty:-)

If you have extra gardening shovels (we are in need of large sized shovels) please bring them tomorrow. Any family members and friends are welcome to take part. We need all the man and woman power we can get!

Tomorrow is your mile run in gym. I will bring clothes to run the mile with each of you. I am excited. Headphones and IPODS are fine to bring if you want.

A big thank you to each and every one of my students... I appreciate all of you who keep me on my toes, who like to question, who are honest with me about things that are happening in your lives in and out of school, and who feel comfortable talking about personal concerns in a respectful and mature way. I am so glad that we have created a classroom environment where you feel comfortable expressing your true selves. I truly believe in each of you--you have so many wonderful talents and insights to offer. Our classroom would not be complete without any one of you. Remember that I am always here to listen to you and to be your advocate.

Some of our students have had some preliminary questions/concerns about what we will be discussing in our upcoming unit in Human Growth and Development. As I have told the kids, I will be sending home a detailed letter about the specific topics we will be covering in May. If they have any immediate questions, I told the students to ask a parent at home, and/or to write them down and save them for our future class discussions. Please be assured that no topic will be discussed prior to my letter home, and without school/family consent outside of our unit.

Homework: Math, practice spelling and states/capitals, landmark research due Monday, bring clothes for running and gardening, bring gardening tools if you have them

No comments: