When love and skill work together, expect a masterpiece.

Monday, April 6, 2009

Where has the year gone?

Where has the year gone? This is the 200th post that I have written to you this year. Thanks for keeping up with this blog. I hope that it has been helpful to you. My goal was to have 4000 hits by the end of the year. I think we will do it!

I had a lot of fun doing Oregon Trail stuff with you. Can you believe that a covered wagon has all of those parts that make it work? Can you see how the invention of the automobile was not far behind? What is another name for the covered or conestoga wagon? Remember that people considered it to be "a boat sailing on the green prairie." One decision dollar for anyone who can tlel me the answer tomorrow. What are you putting on your list of things to take with you on the journey? Post your favorite item in the comments section. I hung up our giant Oregon Trail map that your groups made this afternoon. It looks great. I will post a picture of it tomorrow.

Do you have any thoughts on where we could plant our seeds to make a lasting garden at Footprints? Do you have any suggestions for other seeds we could plant and grow to use in our lunches at school? Laura has been working hard to research native Minnesota plants that would thrive in our rain garden. I am so excited for Wednesday when the people from the nature center come and teach us about rain gardens and watersheds. Do you know what a water shed is? Google it for fun.

Remember your gym posters are due Wednesday. We will do a mini lesson on your spelling words tomorrow. Everyone has 15 words this week. Don't forget to finish writing in your Oregon Trail journals--a minimum of 20 items to bring--5 of them need to be special mementos:-)

Happy Monday!

1 comment:

Haven said...

what i like out what im bringing is my dog and or my wedding ringg