When love and skill work together, expect a masterpiece.

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Tuesday Tidbits

I wanted to let all of you know that everyone did extremely well on their math test today! You really did well with our review unit, and getting used to our new textbook and math routines. Look for scores to come home in this week's Wednesday Folders.

Your memory maps were A-W-E-S-O-M-E!!! I thoroughly enjoyed looking at the incredible details that you included on your maps. My favorite part by far was listening to you retell the special memories of your childhood. I think we all learned several new things about each other, which is really cool. I can't wait to figure out where we can display them. I will try and take some pictures of them with my camera and post them later tonight, but I don't think that will do the maps any justice. You will have to come in and see them for yourselves:-)

Our work on forming new political parties is going very well. We had a productive afternoon of team work and collaboration. The teams worked well dividing tasks and staying focused. The majority of work will be done in class, but if you need more time it might be smart to take home the part you are working on. The due date is September 22.

Homework tonight: NO MATH:-), read for 20 minutes, work on your Basil expenditure sheet if you want to. If you forgot to bring home the paper that had a helpful website for you to use for this project, here it is again: Basil E. Frankweiler Book Report Resources

Thanks for all your hard work today! I am so proud of every single one of you:-)

No comments: