When love and skill work together, expect a masterpiece.

Friday, September 26, 2008

A Fall Friday

Good morning and happy Friday. The sun is out, the kids are smiling and lots of learning is in the air. YEA Minnesota Twins! I don't know if there are any Twins fans in our room, but what a great series with Chicago! I think three teachers wore our Twins shirts today. Student Council voting took place this morning and will be finishing up this afternoon. We had a great turn out--I believe each class had 100 percent turn out :-) Results will be announced early next week. I will post them here as soon as I find out.

We had a great math session today. We did a lot of organization, turning homework, and listening to comments and suggestions from the kids on how to improve for next week. We will be adjusting levels, and work as needed. Students get 5 points a day for use of class time, and 5 points a day for completed work (whether that is a lesson, or work that was done in small groups with a teacher). Look for their contracts and homework from this week coming home soon.

I am excited to busy myself this weekend with final copies of memoirs, finalizing scores on political party projects and catching up on reading response journals.

Get ready for our NWEA tests next week. You should have received a testing schedule yesterday. If not, please let me know and I will get you a new one. Make sure students come to school having eaten a healthy breakfast, and a good night's sleep.

Remember that we have the Student Council Signing Ceremony Wednesday at 9:15 and an all school assembly on Thursday at 9:10. You are welcome to join us for any and all.

Homework for the weekend: Read for 60 minutes, ENJOY THE WEATHER, remember that the Basil project and mystery book are due a week from today.

Thank you for another tremendous week. All of your hard work and support truly make my job incredible. What a great group of kids.

No comments: