When love and skill work together, expect a masterpiece.

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

We got a radio shout out!

Hello all. I just came back from a very windy run outside. I love how it stays light so much later these days. It was so fun to have our radio DJ friend, Tyler come and visit. He was one of the Dj's who gave us the tour of the big three radio stations. He has been a close friend of mine for almost 10 years, and he and his wife live nearby in Woodbury. It was fun to teach Tyler the cup game. He did give us a shout out on the radio. I do have the clip in my email box right now--it sounds great. I am waiting to hear back from him on whether or not I can post it on the website without breaking any copyright rules. I will post it as soon as he gives me the OK--otherwise, I will still play it for you tomorrow in class.

We learned so much today, especially in music. I know it is always interesting when Mrs. E. is the music teacher--see how much your parents know about Baroque music. Ask them if they know what the difference between an oratorio and an opera is.

I wanted to give your families a heads up about a very exciting event happening on May 22. From 12:30-3:30, new families from Saint Andrews will be spending the afternoon with us. We will have visitors in our room, watching our class, the new students will participate in Mix It Up, and we will end the day with a special DQ treat. Your families are invited to attend school with you that afternoon as well to meet and greet new SAA families. We are very excited to welcome them.

Have a great homework free night. You wrote a list in your planner about what you CAN do if you want to work ahead. See you tomorrow!

PS. All GO GREEN basket items are due tomorrow.

No comments: