When love and skill work together, expect a masterpiece.

Thursday, May 14, 2009

A checklist of things

Alright my friends--a quick post in between an afternoon run with Mrs. Sloot and Mrs. Chang, dinner and a night of season finales on TV:-)

I felt like we had an especially productive day today. We learned so many things. The kids like when I make checklists of things we have to get accomplished in a day, so I thought I would make a quick checklist of things we accomplished in 6.5 hours:

  • learned the relationship between the words, "account, " "accounted for, " and "version"
  • came to understand the Cherokee experience on the Trail of Tears
  • learned about the beginning of the Gold Rush
  • labeled all of the US states on a blank map
  • began to learn about Chinese immigration to California during the 1840's
  • did small group work in math and took an in depth look at angles, formulas of 3D shapes, experimental vs. theoretical probability and geometrical solids
  • learned about Stargirl's feelings for Perry in our read aloud
  • enjoyed a warm afternoon break outside with the 2nd and 3rd graders
  • enjoyed 45 minutes of Spanish and singing "Tengo Verano" with Ms. Kim
Thank you to everyone who donated to our carnival basket. The final basket looks great. Look for it Saturday at the carnival. We can't wait to see you and your families between 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. I will be in my room doing tattoos. My husband will also be with me.

Also, don't forget the Wine Gala is May 29th from 7-10 p.m. You may purchase tickets for 15 dollars a piece by sending in the slip from the PTA. You may bring the slips to the front desk.

Homework: Spelling test tomorrow, remember that veggie lasagna is for lunch tomorrow!

"Labeling all the 50 states on a map" test will be next Friday. I will send home practice packets tomorrow.

No comments: