When love and skill work together, expect a masterpiece.

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

It's Tuesday??

Hello,

Did you notice I posted a new picture of our classroom at the top of our web page? Do you remember what spirit day the picture was from? I am home for a bit...in between a staff meeting and a Footbridge meeting, so I wanted to make sure I had time to post something.

I can't wait to hear your Famous Pairs tomorrow--that game was fun. I am sorry that we didn't have time to share them today, but we will tomorrow so don't worry:-)

I thought that art was really fun--I am really excited to see you design your dream houses and bring them to life. Thank you so much to Mark Sloot for coming in and teaching us about Architecture 101:-)

The cards you made for the children at Saint Jude's were breathtaking. Looking at the powerful words that you wrote to children who are sick gave me goosebumps. I will post some pictures of the cards you made and all of you hard at work later tonight. I left my camera at school (as usual:-))--good thing I have to go back anyway.

This week we will have a week off of spelling. Since we didn't get to it today and we have a shortened week, it is not fair to have you learn your words in three days. Enjoy your break!

Homework: Read for 30, find a map of your South American country (include the capital and surrounding countries), finish your dream house brainstorm, work on your math.

Any suggestions for new brain boosters? Post them here.

Last but not least--thank you for always telling me when you are frustrated or upset with things at school. I hope you know how much I care about and love all of you. Remember I told you that we are like family, and I am so happy to know we have an environment where we can feel comfortable sharing things with each other. Have a great night!!!

Love, Mrs. E.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ideas 4 brainboosters:

uuuuuuh.. ill keep thinking. sorry :) im blanking