When love and skill work together, expect a masterpiece.

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Happy Wednesday

Hello and Happy Wednesday. Families, in today's Wednesday folder please look for your student's conference time. If you are unable to attend conferences at your time, please indicate on the form what time would be convenient for you. All forms need to be returned to school ASAP.

We got quite a bit of work done today--many of us typed and finished our final copies of our persuasive letters. We also worked most of the afternoon on anything related to our historical fiction book--catching up on reading, answering questions in the packet or working with our groups on final book projects. I must say, I am very anxious and excited to see your final projects. We have so many creative people in our room. It was fun for me to notice your dioramas, puppet shows, plays and models take shape.

Most of us took a pretest in math today on fractions. Some of us just spent time catching up on last week's work and getting started on this week's lessons.

Tomorrow, look forward to a cooking project (something you make with food but don't necessarily eat), a fun birthday treat from Rachel, painting our self portraits, finishing and sending out our business letters, Spanish, book clubs, and our colonies project.

This is a heartfelt section to my 15 wonderful students: I have been noticing several comments on our blog that are disrespectful. I am sorry that this is happening, even after our thought-provoking conversation on respect that we had yesterday. Here's what I want you to always remember: In a few short weeks, you all have become like my family away from home. I care about each and every one of you. If you are unhappy with someone or something in our room, please come and talk to me or some other adult. I think it will only make you feel worse if you try and hold a problem inside. My email address is jetshokin@footprintsacademy.com
I would love it if you would write to me if something is upsetting you.

On a lighter note...I am almost finished making my Halloween costume. Another clue for you:

Last week I told you my costume came from a kind of game.
This week, I will reveal that the game is a board game (and no, I am not the Monopoly man:-)).
I can't wait to see everyone's costume on Saturday at the carnival. Have a great night. Thank you for being such an amazing group of individuals.

See the calendar for homework.

No comments: