When love and skill work together, expect a masterpiece.

Monday, November 17, 2008

My awesome class!


Dear Students,

Thank you so much for my surprise today. It was one of the best surprises in my entire life! You are so thoughtful. I am so lucky to have you as my students. For those of you who don't know what happened today, let me fill you in.

One of my all time favorite shows is ARE YOU SMARTER THAN A FIFTH GRADER? I watch this show every week, and play along. I ask the kids several of the trivia questions from the show each week. I always joke with the kids that if I were to ever win the million dollars on the show I would take them all out for dinner.

Today I found out that my students wrote a song and hope to prepare an audition tape to help me get on the show. I was presented with an application for FIFTH GRADER, along with a handful of confetti wishing me good luck. So far, I feel like I have already won!! The creativity and support that my kids have means far more to me than one million dollars--but just for them I will write the most awesome application the producers of FIFTH GRADER have ever seen (And by the way, I am STILL picking confetti out of my clothes and hair.)! I even called my mom and my sister in Indiana and even a couple of my best friends to tell them what my amazing students planned for me.

I cannot express to you all in words how much this class means to me. You are all rare gifts. I cannot wait to see what new things we will learn together each day. I hope you have a great night.

Book Clubs start Thursday. Finish math if you worked in my small group today. Tell your families about the experiment we did in class today with levers (what happens to the effort it takes to lift a load, when the effort is moved farther from the fulcrum?). MARK YOUR CALENDARS: CONTEMPORARY FICTION BOOK PROJECTS DUE DECEMBER 19th.

See you all tomorrow.

Love, Mrs. E.

No comments: