When love and skill work together, expect a masterpiece.

Monday, January 12, 2009

Out of This World Day!

 
 
 
Sorry I burnt the monkey bread:-( I guess I am not used to cooking with the school's ovens--especially when I am reading Stargirl out loud to you. The unburnt part was good, right? I have recipes on my desk so if you want to make this at home you will know how.

It was so much fun to see everyone's creativity for Out of This World Day. After school I took some pictures of our "out of this world" friends who hung around. Tomorrow I hope I can get a picture of EVERYONE for Fashion Disaster Day.

Please remember to tell your families about our new spelling. This week everyone has the same 16 words. You will be tested on the spelling of the base words and the spelling of the base words plus the form of the "in" prefix. Spelling sheets went home today--we will have a test on Friday, and will be doing in class review activities to reinforce the particular skill we are learning. I am choosing to focus more on understanding specific spelling rules and vocabulary rather than strict memorization. I want students to understand WHY words are spelled the way they are:-) It is a different approach, but I know we will be successful.

Earlier this year, students went through the most frequently misspelled words at their grade level and the grade level below. Any words that were missed, will appear on spelling lists as challenge words each week (with the exception of this week).

Homework: Read for 30 minutes. Finish math. Reading response journals are due on Wednesday. Dress up for Fashion Disaster Day tomorrow:-)
Posted by Picasa

No comments: